This post will be positive and upbeat.....NOT
I'm defeated.
I thought I would place top 5..I really did. I knew it would be a tough field of girls, but when I saw the line up for my height class I thought FOR SURE I have just enough to beat out at least 10 others....
But I didn't.
And while I KNOW this sport is SUBJECTIVE, it still hurts a bit to know that your stuff, your package, your hard work was just not....good....enough.
In a few days I will likely have a HAPPY post about how great it was to be on stage... to have even gotten this far so soon after the babies were born.. but until then..I will wallow in my self inflected sorrow...
I'm not looking for anyone to pump up my tires...really I'm not...but I need you to look at the following pics...and tell me of the group which girl should have been top 5..which body represents a decent "figure"
I'm on the far left, in case you don't recognize me...I'm all glammed up :)
While I do not know the girl in the purple in the middle, nor the girl next to her in the red...and I'm sure they worked just as hard as I did, I was shocked to see them called into the top 5! I'm not sure what the judges were looking for......my coaches sent me texts right after in shock...outraged...sad for me..
I was told my tan (while it was 8 coats thick) was not dark enough.
I was told I needed to smile more (I tried but I was nervous, gimme a break, it's a novice comp, we should be judged on physique no?)
Other than that, I see good abs, good legs, nice symmetry...a pretty decent package.
And so, the day after, I'm feeling a bit down...I ate a great meal of pizza and sex in a pan...and now I'm bloated and happy.
What's next? I'm not sure...I need a few days to rejuvenate and inflate these old tires again.
One thing's for sure...I'll be back at the gym tomorrow....my passion for fitness will not be diminished by a poor placement in a competition.
I'm down...but not out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Sorry Cheryl....you look amazing...better than those other girls! But at least you did it and you accomplished so much in such little time! That is amazing. And, you are one hot momma!
ReplyDeleteCheryl, when I see that line up, you are the winner in my eyes. I find your figure much, much more appealing.
ReplyDeleteIf I was a judge I would choose you!!!
I know it stings, I can relate but I also know that you worked very hard, as hard as you could have and you will find the happy in this!
xoxoxxoxo
Hugs to you Cheryl! Looking at that picture, you would definitely be in the top 5, I think even better than just top 5, your figure is awesome (and you don't just see ribs). And if they're looking for beauty, you have that too. The most important thing to remember is that this was subjective, like you said. You are a winner! You look unbelievable! Wishing I could hug you!
ReplyDeleteI worked in a fitness studio and watched many people prepare for these sorts of competitions...and I watched many...even judged the fitness comps, the dancing, never the bodies.
ReplyDeleteIt shocked me what I considered good never made it either...no idea what they look for.
Sorry you feeling this way, but know you will pick yourself up and get going again...the girl in purple looks no where ready for the comp...
Cheryl,
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you and you looked amazing. Don't be deflated. You have done an amazing thing and this is your first competition. Did you run your first half marathon the fastest you have ever run? heck no! keep your chin up and get yourself ready for the next endevor!
I'm so sorry you're feeling down girly! You seriously LOOKED AMAZING and your package was better than "pretty decent".. I completely understand why you're down, and you have every right to be.. just please don't beat yourself up.. you're so beautiful inside and out!!
ReplyDeleteyou sooo should have beat the girl in purple. just sayin
ReplyDelete