Tuesday, March 22, 2011

On a happier note..resting and recovering

A few days of relaxation and reflection does wonders for the body and mind.
I threw myself into work the last few days, catching up on outstanding projects and looming deadlines that got pushed aside last weekend. It felt fantastic to reconnect to my life.

You know, the life that pays the bills.

The life that includes kids, a husband, sleep...and running!!

How I have missed running, and in honor of my comp being over and no more need to just "walk" to keep muscle on...I kicked out a 6 miler last night sporting a smile for entire hour I'm sure.

I had a few people ask what my "indulgent meal" was and whether I gorged it down after the competition ended.

Yes and yes..

My mom made me a tray of sex in the pan...and while I wanted to wait until Sunday to enjoy it...as I drove home Saturday night I noticed a spoon sitting on the console of the jeep...

You can imagine what happened...and then pizza happened when I got home.

Sunday I had a photo shoot with Pink Elephant and Kris Josef. 2 hours in hair and makeup, I was transformed into "editorial, beach wave, 80's girl"..I'll give you a somewhat disguised peek of what it looked like when I got home..


I gave them an blank slate and free reign. Dark makeup, crimpy angled hair..it was fun to transform!  Will share the pics once they come in.


It was also fun to get that stuff off my face. 2 days in a row of hair and makeup and this low key, makeup free momma is back!!! The paint tan is washing off, the twins no longer look at me in fear and Cole, Tim and I played one mean tourney of UNO last night...


In a sport that is so subjective, it's nice to be come home to a place where you know you're loved, no matter how much muscle you have, how tanned you are, or how capped your shoulders are looking.

So I can say now,

Remembering is fun
Reflection is fond.
Reality is FANTASTIC


 Hugs.

4 comments:

  1. so good to hear such a great post! So happy for you! You are right, you have awesome people around you that love you so much! So glad to "hear" a smile in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy running! So what's the plan now...are you going back to your regular routine of diet and exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. High fives! There is the positive girl I know and love!

    It was a great experience and a proud acheivement - atta girl.

    Time to kick my butt through a two hour (or so) half!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's awesome sometimes that reality can be better than your dreams.

    ReplyDelete