Wednesday, March 23, 2011

She would be pretty if her butt wasn't so big...

Grade 12

I was walking into a friends high school

A group of "boys" were walking behind me.

I was wearing white jeans (pinned up the leg..you know, 1990's style!)

And then he said it..,.

"She would be pretty if her butt wasn't so big"  followed by a consensus laughter.

I remember that day like it was yesterday....it shook me to the core. I never thought to actually turn around and see what others saw from behind. We neglect our butts...I neglected my butt too, until this past year.

When I worked in an office I sat on my butt all day...come home and sit on the couch...flat butt resulted.

When I actually took a picture from behind I could see what needed to be done. I wanted a "lift"

I hit glutes at least once a week, sometimes twice a week and in a year this resulted..(me on far right)

I'm proud of my butt...that 18 year old devastated by one little comment is smiling inside...take that "boys"


Check out my kicking it this week list for links to my favorite glute exercises!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! As with most (99.99% of women) I hate my butt/thighs for one reason or another, yet totally slack (i.e. avoid) my legs/butt workouts at the gym. Looking forward to reading your top glute workout moves to get my butt in gear -- LITERALLY!

    Great job on the weekend -- I think you looked fabulous! Keep on smiling and enjoy getting back to running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. funny how those comments can stick with ya. I was told that fat girl's thigh's rub together... my thighs rub together and I wasn't anywhere near a fat girl...nor am I now and they still touch each other up top...meh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA...if he could see you now! I love working my glutes! In my Chalean Extreme workout, there is a lunge called the "bowling lunge".....OUCH! I love to have that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your suit!! You seriously look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am farily certain they were not talking about your butt! I have known you for years now and while you butt is pure perfecting in that picture above, it has always been pretty damn amazing.

    I should know. My butt has been aspiring to be like your butt for all the years I have known you!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection that should say.

    Have another rum, Kami!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes if they could only see you now...

    Great work on the comp! Trevor and I both agree that the judges were out to lunch. We think you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete