Friday, March 25, 2011

Feedback from the head judge

Call me bold, call me obsessed...I had to know. So I emailed the head judge from last weekends comp.

Let it go Cheryl, be happy, you looked fantastic....all very kind words...but remember I'm type A..the opportunity presented to email the head judge and ask questions...so I did. This is what she said.

Hi Cheryl,


You have very good potential.  Your stage presence (posture and stance) is strong.  Your lower body is developing nicely but you will need to balance that with your upper body (shoulders and arms).  You have nice shape and wide shoulders so that will serve you well.  Your conditioning is good but be careful not to come in too lean we want to see some definition in the muscle groups but still need that layer of fat to soften the curves. 


I hope to see you again soon.

Is she inviting me back to try again? YES, I just may return to that stage...but coming in with a so called "layer of fat" scares me a bit. The figure athletes I admire do not have this coveted "layer" ...

I think I have a disconnect in my mind. I associate conditioning with a lean strong body. My trainer told me I was likely the only competitor who ran a half marathon 2 weeks before the show...my love of running and my new found passion for Figure may just be oil and water.

Food for thought this weekend...and I'll likely think about it as I run.....

Can I somehow make a connection and thrive at both sports?

3 comments:

  1. do what makes you happy, you look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look awesome! I would just keep doing what you enjoy. If it was me I would be all over eating some chocolate to help with the layer of fat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Stacie, what makes you happy, that is the way to go.

    Yay for both sports!

    ReplyDelete