Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Here I go again!

They said YES!

My scores were high enough to compete in Provincials here, June 4th.

9 weeks out...

Here we (as I hope you will follow me...) go AGAIN!

I meet with my trainers tonight to discuss a plan. A plan to improve my overall physique..

New menu, new workouts...this truly excite me.

As usual, I will train heavy and hard, 5 days a week and keep my cardio only to Zumba class once a week and under 20 miles a week for running.  I have a half marathon mid May in Fargo, which I may jam on and just enjoy the trip with my family...and make Tim run in my spot!

I should inform him of the potential plan maybe?

Nah....he'll read this post and come find me..

Seeing how excited I was when the email came in, and how excited my trainers are to get me back up on stage, I'm more motivated then ever!

Started off the AM this week with my favorite protein pancakes:
In a blender (or small food processor, or magic bullet) place:

1/3 cup no fat cottage cheese (not the dry curd stuff..blah!)
1/2 cup raw egg whites
1/2 cup dry oatmeal
1 scoop protein powder (I used mint choco chip this week!)
dash cinnamon

Blend and while the pan is heating up, place the batter in the fridge for 2-3 minutes to set

Serve with fresh or frozen berries or spread some natural PB and sugar free syrup on top!

Makes 4-5 pancakes for 1 serving, it takes me a while to eat as they are not the fluffiest pancake but a nice alternative to plain oatmeal! I tend to make them when I make the rest of the family pancakes and then I can enjoy a similar breaky!


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! So happy for ya, girl!

    I look forward to watching you meet this new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is awesome. I am excited to see the progress on the training.

    Also, thanks for the pancake recipe. I had given up pancakes but I think I would enjoy these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! That's great you can compete again. Always keepin' us inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats Cheryl, so excited to join you on this journey! Your motivation is truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete