A few people have asked me how I manage to prep meals for the family and whether I eat what the rest of my crew eats.
The answer is..
Kinda sorta
But it takes work. I make meal planning a priority. Since my food is timed, weighed and measured, I make my meals top priority.
Selfish?
Somewhat...but hungry mommy is grumpy mommy.
Plus, my hubby and kids are not picky. They will generally eat whatever I put in front of them.
So, if I'm having yams this week as my main carb, I will cut a few yams and boil them for me, and I'll cut the other yams and make yam fries for the men.
If I'm making chicken for me, I'll make chicken fingers for the boys.
In the end, I have chicken and boiled yams and they have yam fries and chicken fingers. My meal uses the stove, theirs uses the oven. We all eat at the same time.
Tonight I'm making spahetti squash with a meaty sauce. I'll cook the ground beef and then take my portion out, and then throw in a sauce for the rest of the crew. Tim and I will eat the squash and Cole and the twins will have pasta or rice with theirs. As the squash cooks, I cook the beef and pasta and again, we all eat at the same time!
It's easy if you plan it out and be creative.
Having said that, I need some ideas...what are you planning for dinner this week that I could modify for my table?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I plan on posting my menu for the week tomorrow! Hopefully there is something there you could modify!
ReplyDeleteWe do something similiar! Lots of veggies for us and rice/pasta for the kids. It works!
ReplyDeleteSorry Cheryl I don't have much advice here. Seems like lots of times I am prepping two different meals. One for me and then one for Trevor and the boys. Luckily it works out not too bad on the nights I have classes...
ReplyDelete