Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Supplements have begun

In general I don't use any supplements....multivitamin and protein powder is about it. But, trusting in this process to compete, I've embraced the whole supplement thing...

My wallet is not happy.

Even with a competitors 15% discount from the local Popeye's, check out this tally...

Can you see it? $200! A sponsor would be great right about now...

That being said, the list included Glutamine for muscle recovery, CLA for muscle tone, 2 cans of ProTan with a paint brush (will post on the actual tanning process the last week), water shed pills (self explanatory...) and R-ALA to increase nutrient delivery and deactivate cell damage.

Never mind the chicken, beef, veggies and eggs I'm scarfing down these days...


Prepping time alone on Saturdays takes about 2 hours...yes I'm using a potato masher to mash my ground beef, I like it non-clumpy...heads up it wrecks your pan so stay with the same pan each time.


Even Cole has jumped onto the veggie wagon, eating a tomato whole, like an apple, as I do the same with a pepper...


What supplements are working for you?

4 comments:

  1. As I have MS I make sure I have VIT D....omega 3, Vit B's....then have others I add and take away from time to time...oh at the moment its Iron as my iron levels and blood pressure have been very low.
    They cost a fortune, and I have to get mine from the UK as Germany has pills but in German I cant understand and too scared to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multivitamins, Omega 3, Vit D, and glucosamine. And of course, lots of fruits and veggies! I hate clumpy ground beef too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same with the multi's, vit D, high quality Omega 3's, but also throw in some B vitamins as well...

    I'm so impressed you are just now adding the supplements with 17 days to go! You really show what a person can do with a little dedication, blood, sweat and I'm sure a few tears!

    Congrats on the run this past weekend! Way to brave the chill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on a multi and calcuim (damn menopause!) and recently added broken chain amino acids.

    Whew, that stuff is pricey!

    ReplyDelete